Blog Archive

Monday, 24 January 2011

Film Poster


This is the movie poster I have created on Photoshop. The main focus is the photograph which captures the attention of the audience. The red on the stick looks like blood and conveys a horror genre in the image. Also, by not showing the face of the man, it adds suspicion as the audience want to find out who this is. I kept the setting from where the film was captured as the background to link it with the teaser trailer. The title of the film is the next main focus with it being big and red at the top of the poster in this signature creepy font. The white glow around it makes it stand out against the black background which looks effective. I've also used the same style for the date the film is released so it stands out and adds consistency. The website is directly below the date in a different font to add interest and draw the eye. This means if the audience is intrigued by the poster, they can view the website to find out more. I've then put small white text at the bottom with the names of people involved in the production to make it look more realistic and more like a professional poster. From research I found a lot of posters have this. A logo and the name of a production company was also place at the bottom for the same reason. I've finally placed a small copyright sign in the bottom right of the page which I noticed other posters had done however,this is usually very small as it is not a main focus of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment